Universal Orlando Resort believes in-person collaboration is key to our success. Many of our Team Members work in a hybrid capacity, contributing from the workplace a minimum of three days per week. Some remote opportunities are available within specific departments. There are also roles that require being on-site full time. You’ll learn more about this during the application process.
JOB SUMMARY: The Digital and Experience Development team is focused on driving product strategies to evolve and enhance the Guest experience across Universal Parks & Resorts. As a Product Manager, the primary function of this role will be to manage new capabilities across the entire product lifecycle, from product strategy, planning, definition, delivery, and implementation. The specific focus for this role will be digital product management for the onsite Guest and Team Member experience, Mobile or Web Applications.
- Partner with the UXUI team to establish experience interactions and designs based on high level feature requirements
- Drive detailed product Feature definition, including functional and non-functional requirements
- Support product implementation across the domestic sites, capturing site specific functional requirements in partnership with on-site stakeholders
- Facilitate product backlog grooming with the Delivery scrum team
- Define and document product user stories to enable technical design, development, and testing
- Participate in scrum team Agile ceremonies, including sprint planning, daily-stand ups, and retrospectives
Product Implementation and Support
- Perform product validation throughout the development cycle, to ensure alignment with functional requirements.
- Maintain close partnership with Business Transformation to ensure that product functionality aligns with Operational and Business capabilities.
- Represent and support the product as the ongoing subject matter expert.
- Develop an ongoing approach for measuring the success of newly implemented experience enhancements, to enable well-informed future product planning
- Establish the product roadmap and coordinate with key partners to manage product delivery and implementation timeline
- Partner with other Digital Product Managers to ensure product dependencies and integration points are considered during roadmap and release planning
- Establish product backlog priorities for release and sprint planning, considering new capabilities, minor enhancements, and defect fixes
- Proactively evaluate Guest experience strengths and pain points from all perspectives, to identify opportunities for new and/or improved experience delivery capabilities
- Develop and frame up product recommendations with associated cost, value and experience analysis, to gain approval and funding for development
- Collaborate and liaise with key business partners to establish product goals and objectives
- Ensure product alignment with the holistic experience transformation vision
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required – Business, Technology, Digital Marketing, or Industrial Engineering preferred; Master’s degree preferred
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years in Product Management, Digital Marketing, E-Commerce, Digital Experience Design, Industrial Engineering, Technology, or related fields.
- Managing the digital experience for a consumer website and/or mobile app
- Experience with large scale transformation initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to define and execute strategic initiatives
- Working in an agile technology delivery program
- Defining a customer journey and digital product roadmap
- Product backlog management, including Feature definition, requirements, prioritization and sprint planning
- Close partnership with a Technology Delivery team
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship building
- Executive communication, with the ability to influence decision making
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills, and be able to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2023 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE