JOB SUMMARY: Support and collaborates on the utilization and proficiency in heavy and specialized equipment such as Rough Terrain Forklifts, Extended Forklift/Telehandlers, Front-end Loaders, Back Hoes, Skid steers, Aerial Lifts, Trenchers, Stump Grinders, Mud Buggies, Mowers, Mini Excavator, Slope Mowers. Performs specialized landscape maintenance functions as part of a Horticulture team; ability to install shrubbery, bedding, foliage, trees, and palms. Performs proper rigging for loading, unloading, transporting large specimen trees, and transporting materials. Install and Removals of Trees and Palms utilizing verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Supports the completion of tasks in landscaped areas using specialized equipment, including Rough Terrain Forklifts, Extended Forklift/Telehandlers, Front-end Loaders, Back Hoes, Skid steers, Aerial Lifts, Trenchers, Stump Grinders, Mud Buggies, Mowers, Slope Mowers and various other equipment
- Performs routine maintenance of landscaped areas using handheld and 2-cycle equipment. Responsible for maintenance of shrub, vine, bedding plants, ground cover, and turf maintenance, including decision-making on method, timing, and tools.
- Performs rigging of material for loading, unloading, transporting, installing, and removing using various rigging methods and materials.
- Perform Supporting structures for the stabilization of tree and palm according to ANSI and UO Horticulture standards.
- Properly documents and records information related to equipment inspections, labor performed, tree removals, tree installs, supporting systems, etc.
- Acquire information necessary for presentation and meet with internal departments for excavation permit signatures prior to projects beginning
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree or GED Required;
- Associate’s degree (AA) in Horticulture or equivalent from two-year College or technical school is preferred.
- 3+ years of heavy equipment operation, landscape heavy equipment operation required.
- One year of landscape maintenance experience is required.
- 2+ years experience of landscape maintenance in upscale commercial, residential, or resort environment or other horticultural enterprise is preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid Florida Drivers License required to operate company vehicles.
- Annual Training and Certification is required for all of the following provided by UO: Rough Terrain Forklifts, Extended Forklift/Telehandlers, Front-end Loaders, Back Hoes, Skid steers, Aerial Lifts, Trenchers, Stump Grinders, Mud Buggies, Mowers, Slope Mowers.
- Florida Landscape Nursery Grower Association certification FCLMT, and/or FCLT preferred.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Must possess flexibility regarding different shifts and short notice adjustments.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE