Universal Orlando Resort believes in-person collaboration is key to our success. Many of our Team Members work in a hybrid capacity, contributing from the workplace a minimum of three days per week. Some remote opportunities are available within specific departments. There are also roles that require being on-site full time. You’ll learn more about this during the application process.
JOB SUMMARY: The Finance Projects Manage represents Accounts Receivable and Senior Manager interests at all assigned project meetings and is the key go-to Accounts Receivable project resource. This role will manage and communicate Finance AR interests at project meetings and provide timely responses and relevant support to the project & business leadership. Assists project leaders on behalf of the department to develop and define relevant scope, resources, logistics, scheduling, deliverability timelines, testing and deployment. Works collaboratively with the Senior Manager to assess, analyze, test, update, train, coach and manage expectations related to all Projects that impact the Accounts Receivable team and related workflows.
- Present and maintain Accounts Receivable interests at project Meetings, including AR onboarding and workflow overviews when necessary. Provide explanations, metric and workflow details to help develop the project scope, resources, deliverables, logistics, scheduling timelines, testing and deployment on behalf of AR. Enhance understanding of all AR systems and AR management and Accounting Operations. Attend project meetings and present AR production statistics, systems operations, AR accounting and workflow impact analysis, and critical finance control and compliance requirements.
- Attend project meetings and present Accounts Receivable production statistics, systems operations, impact analysis, Finance control and compliance requirements. Work collaboratively to understand impacts and recommend reasonable changes to policies and procedures if needed to enhance Accounts Receivable operations and achieve project goals.
- Keep department leaders updated and engaged to ensure that all relevant and critical workflow and productivity impacts are being considered are reasonable and within the scope of the Project. Define appropriate workflows for project leaders by interviewing Accounts Receivable team, interpreting SOP’s, and conducting presentations. Provide testing, coaching, mentoring, and performance training and support.
- Document and communicate applicable policy and procedure impacts to all involved parties. Assist with change management as needed. Maintain ongoing project oversight to ensure that the scope is managed and that the original requirements are delivered.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred in Accounting or Business Administration. Other: Knowledge of project management concepts and processes, requirements gathering, or business analysis preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3+ years’ experience preferred in basic accounting, project management, business analysis, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires the use of sound business judgment in coordinating the requirements of the user group(s) for a project. Conflict resolution and problem-solving techniques required. Good in presentation, facilitation, communication, and negotiation required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Works with internal business clients and external vendors. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical manuals and procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw graphs, and interpret spreadsheets. Some travel possible to support Parks Technology division and client locations.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE