JOB SUMMARY: Responsible of leading the team that develops attraction and show venue simulations for virtual testing for all UPR. Provides technical management, inclusive of budget and schedule, for attractions. Develops strategies, maintains and manages FAT, SAT and attraction maintenance support while collaborating with Creative, Tech Services and Engineering. Duties include troubleshooting, fault analysis, redesign assignments, test and start-up integration of Ride and Show systems using simulation environments. Collaborates with the Simulation R&D team and Creative to research and develop advanced programming approaches to build repeatable/re-usable models. Leads their team in researching new application areas. Role may have multiple direct reports whom manage multiple aspects of RCS Testing.
- Implements solutions and performs design and/or programming modifications to Ride and Show system equipment on assigned projects to include hardware and software modifications to complex electrical and control systems to improve safety, reliability, operational readiness, diagnostics and serviceability of control systems.
- Leads RCS testing efforts for new attractions. Works closely with Creative Engineering to manage attraction model development. Coordinates the timeline and requirements and manages the development efforts. Maintains regular meetings with partners to keep track of changes to profile and attraction specifications. Supports bug reporting between Creative and Vendor, assists in resolving problems and design issues
- Leads RCS testing efforts for existing attractions. Works closely with Tech Services group to develop and execute attraction improvement plans. Coordinates and manages the scheduling of virtual testing prior to actual firmware upgrade on the live system. Identifies the changes and reports to stakeholders the impact of the upgrade (capacity, technical specifications etc.), assists in identifying, resolving problems and design issues
- Establishes key performance metrics for the Simulation team to monitor ongoing attraction performance and validate simulation assumptions. Communicates monitoring results to stakeholders and Business Partners.
- Maintains configuration management of hardware and software documentation in accordance with Engineering’s guidelines for proper archiving and security.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree (BS) from a four-year college or university in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering Technology or Computer Engineering required.
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years demonstrated project engineering experience of control and software systems in an engineering environment for the development of dynamic motion systems in a theme park industry required. 7-10 years field experience of theme park technical fault analysis/isolation experience required. 7-10 years engineering experience in control systems and installation utilizing PLC’s, ladder logic, variable frequency drives and servo controls in a theme park or equivalent environment required. 5-7 years “Hands-on” experience with PLC automated and control systems required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Responsible for supporting maintenance, re-design and development efforts of all Ride & Show control simulation to provide increased reliability and operational improvements.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE