Grow, Develop, and Advance Your Career with the Technical Services Apprenticeship Program!
Are you interested in building a career in Technical Services in the Ride & Show field? Our Technical Services Ride & Show Accelerated Apprenticeship Program is an exciting opportunity to work towards becoming a Ride & Show Technician in an accelerated timeframe.
JOB SUMMARY: An Accelerated Apprenticeship providing on the job training (OJT) to learn preventative and corrective maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of animation, special effects, ride and show mechanical and electrical systems.
- Under supervision of a qualified Technician performs basic preventative and predictive maintenance as prescribed by OEM and UO Engineering specifications to include changing time-limited parts, calibrating equipment per OEM specifications as well as basic cleaning and lubricating to maintain equipment in proper working order.
- Responds to and assists in recovery and repair of attractions and show effects under supervision of a qualified Technician.
- Troubleshoots failed components using basic forms of test equipment, schematics/prints, and other specialized tools, equipment and resources.
- Completes inspections and creates necessary work orders for discrepancies found. Follows correct chain of command to notify appropriate management when necessary.
- Performs basic repairs to equipment due to safety, reliability or show quality issues found during inspections or downtimes to maintain equipment reliability and show quality.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Minimum of 18-month degree or certification in a technical field and/or equivalent technical and educational experience.
EXPERIENCE: Under 1 year or more of basic knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical functions. Course work (high school or college) related to industrial; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Driver’s License – required to operate company vehicles.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE