JOB SUMMARY: The Manager, Business Analysis for Journey Analytics will be focused on partnering with BI and Web Analytics to develop and maintain documentation for critical reports, dashboards and analytic solutions for our core business groups in support of Journey Management. Understanding underlying business needs and adding considerable impact through delivery of actionable analytics to shape the experiences we offer our Guests will be critical to the success of this role. The Manger, Business Analysis will team with Journey Management and partner with the Business Insights, Data Science, Web Analytics and Audience Science teams to leverage data and reporting to analyze trends, monitor levers, and recommend updates to templates and playbooks. The BI team will serve as a close partner in assuring the flow of valid data from the data warehouse to reporting tools and ensure accuracy and quality to BI reports and dashboards processes, empowering the Manager, Business Analysis with tools to glean insights and provide journey recommendations to the Audience & Lifecycle Journey Leads.
Hybrid Work Schedule
Journey Analytics Lead
- Partner across Audience Journey and Lifecycle Journey Leads in the development and analysis of programs, capabilities and communication plans.
- Partner across Business Intelligence, Web Analytics Data Science and Audience Science in the development, rollout and refinement of analytics dashboards and reports.
- Provide consulting insights and recommendations to Journey Leads.
- Develop channel KPI maps that align with campaign playbooks and templates and assist Audience Journey Leads in right-sizing communication efforts.
- Interpret and present analysis for specific requests and support specific projects.
- Build upon Adobe Workspace dashboards to expand Journey Analytics across Marketing Playbooks.
- Participate in technology roadmap and prepare team for upgrades and tool transitions.
- Conduct working sessions with Journey Leads to fully understand and advocate for solutions that meet current and future business needs.
- Gather report and dashboard requirements, and ensure they satisfy the need to support Journey Management in making strategic decisions.
- Document user requirements into well-structured specifications.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources.
- Partner with delivery teams and Business Insights to ensure business needs are accurately represented in solution delivery.
- Distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Provide creative solutions to problems.
Project Management & Communications
- Ability to document requirements clearly, monitor progress during development and provide end user documentation during and development and upon release of insights reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group that includes specialists, management, and subject matter experts.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Identify and implement best practices and drive continuous improvement.
- Understand the scope and prioritize against competing requests.
Performance Metrics & Other Duties
- Deliver against KPIs to achieve OCF goals, Brand Equity Measures, TSAT
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Assist in the performance of other special duties and projects as needed in support of organizational goals
- Seek opportunities to help other team members expand their knowledge and capabilities in business intelligence
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications required; Master’s strongly preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years of marketing and advertising experience preferably in the travel, entertainment or retail industry.
- A track record of performance meeting targets and objectives.
- Very strong analytical, planning, and critical decision-making skills.
- Out-of-the-box thinker with experience analyzing and identifying actionable insights that have directly impact business decisions and customer experiences.
- In-depth understanding of marketing analytics, consumer and brand research and ability to turn data into insights to drive engagement, conversion and loyalty.
- A passion for and experience with new technology and media channels, a natural trend spotter for new technologies that play roles in consumer’s lives.
- Cross-functional expertise and the ability to be proactive and thrive in a fast-paced, complex and highly collaborative environment.
- Experience presenting to and working with senior executives.
- Ability to effectively manage change and conflicts, and problem solve in a highly-collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience connecting business strategy and communication strategy to consumer needs and expectations.
- Mastery of basic marketing principles, such as target segmentation, category, value proposition, positioning, and brand strategy.
- Understanding of key consumer segments (Florida/Orlando, Domestic US, International)
- Travel & Resort Industry, Entertainment and/or Theme Park experience
- Event marketing and management
- Launching New Attractions or Products/Services
- Brand Management
- Licensed Partner Marketing models
- Previous experience with marketing, media and customer segmentation strategy required;
- Experience with client engagement and communications.
- Proven experience eliciting requirements and providing project documentation.
- Experience working within dynamic dashboards in Tableau or similar reporting tool. (Tableau preferred).
- Experience with Tableau, Alteryx, Unica, Interact, and/or AAM preferred.
- Ability to work independently in a deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to evaluate quantitative data sets and determine “big picture” implications required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE