JOB SUMMARY: To maintain, service, rebuild, troubleshoot, repair and operate all cooking related equipment and refrigeration as it pertains to the continuous smooth operation of Universal Orlando. Including, but not limited to industrial kitchen and bakery equipment, propane and natural gas, and electrical equipment. Perform preventative maintenance and rehab all kitchen equipment back to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Diagnose and repair industrial kitchen and bakery equipment including, but not limited to mixers, direct steam kettles, proofers, sheeters, dough rounders and rack ovens.
- Diagnose and repair refrigeration equipment including, but not limited to coolers, freezers, ice machines, glycol systems, ice cream machines, and keg coolers.
- Diagnose and repair commercial gas and electric kitchen equipment including, but not limited to, fryers, steamers and ovens such as pressure cookers, steam kettles, tilt skillets, commercial dish machines, combi-ovens, microwaves, stoves and conveyor type ovens, broilers and espresso machines.
- Obtain information that address or anticipates the equipment service needs of the venue. Select the appropriate actions to meet and exceed quality service levels for each venue.
- Preventative maintenance and rehab of all kitchen equipment to required manufacturers specifications.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: To maintain, service, rebuild, troubleshoot, repair and operate all cooking related equipment and refrigeration resort wide for all Universal Orlando restaurants and food venues. Including, but not limited to industrial kitchen and bakery equipment, propane and natural gas, and electrical equipment. Perform preventative maintenance and rehab all kitchen equipment back to manufacturer’s specifications.
- High school degree or GED is required.
- Technical school is preferred.
- Associate’s degree (AA) is preferred.
- 5-7 years of commercial appliance repair and refrigeration experience required.
- 7-10 years preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Required: Refrigerant Transition and Recovery certification through the EPA.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License in order to operate a company vehicle.
- Universal EPA Refrigerant card.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE