STEWARD (DISHWASHERS): Our Stewards keep the restaurant flowing by washing dishes, silver ware, equipment and cooking utensils. This is an entry level role into our Culinary Team.
- Loads and empties dish machine, washes pots, pans, cooking utensils and equipment by hand and assists kitchen staff as needed.
- Removes waste, empties and cleans garbage receptacles, removes recyclable materials and places in appropriate areas. Cleans the kitchen by sweeping, mopping, washing kitchen walls, floors and floor mats. Performs closing duties in accordance to standard.
- Follows MSDS standards, safety, and sanitation procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
LINE PRODUCTION COOK: Universal Orlando looks for Culinary talent of all magnitudes. If you are a beginner, or have an interest in learning Culinary skills, you may want to consider becoming a Line Production Cook.
- Sets up various stations on the line with materials and supplies and maintains availability of same.
- Uses kitchen materials such as knives and a deep fryer for line prep. Works on both hot and cold stations.
- Performs cooking duties and related production functions. Ensures high food quality level that meets Universal Orlando standard and performs daily spot checks of all portioning tools. Provides daily documenting and recording of product spoilage.
SECOND COOK: Second Cooks gain advanced skills by taking on additional tasks in the kitchen. They work alongside our world class Chefs creating mouthwatering dishes for our guests to enjoy.
- Stocks materials and supplies in hot/cold and dry areas. Maintains all Cost of Goods control tools by performing quarterly updating of control cards, inventory packages, and recipe books. Performs daily spot checks of all portioning tools. Provides daily documenting and recording of product spoilage.
- May work on stations including, but not limited to, sauté, flat top grill, pantry, and expo.
- Performs cooking duties and related production functions. Ensures high food quality level that meets Universal Orlando standards.
FIRST COOK: Become a leader in your own kitchen as a First Cook. In this role, you’ll be in charge of inventory and ordering for your restaurant, as well as meeting Universal Orlando’s food quality standards. Above all, you will be a mentor to new cooks, ensuring their success in the kitchen.
- Responsible for ordering supplies in accordance to par levels and staffing projects. Receives inventory and ensures the availability of materials and supplies.
- Ensures that all preparations are in accordance with established recipes, menu and portion specifications and in relation to business volumes. Responsible for food presentation, quality of products and waste prevention.
- Maintains all cost of goods by performing quarterly updating of control cards, inventory packages, and portioning tools. Provides daily documenting and recording of product spoilage.
- Studies all evidence of waste and makes suggestions for improved efficiency. Ensures high food quality level that meets Universal Orlando standards. Ensures compliance of the State of Florida’s HACCP program.
- Ensures established safety practices are followed.
- Provides work direction of cooks and production workers within area of responsibility. Monitors production staff breaks. Trains production workers in the use of kitchen equipment and food preparation.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required.
Positions in Culinary require:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and or move between 25 and 50 pounds.
- Ability to use equipment with mechanical moving parts, sharp edges, and heat surfaces.
- Maintains a clean work environment with use of cleaning chemicals.
- Comfortable being occasionally exposed to extreme cold (non-weather); and extreme heat (non-weather).
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.