JOB SUMMARY: Manages the entire operation of specific venue or location within the park. Directs activities of all hourly and exempt staff within the venue. Accountable for location sales, direct operating expenses, food cost and quality, profitability, and guest satisfaction. Upholds all federal and state regulations pertaining to but not limited to Minor Law and Health Code. Also responsible for the development of Assistant Restaurant Managers and Restaurant Managers within the venue.
- Manage ARM’s and RM’s in all aspects of the business. This includes managing the entire venue’s labor budget to ensure the day to day operations ran by the ARM’s stay consistent with staffing forecasts. Keep consistent track of the venues labor hours and costs to match with what is allotted. Communicate to all management any changes to business forecasts that are received from the GM.
- Accountable for all facets of service, production, quality, and controls in the venue. Ensures policies and procedures of the Food & Beverage department are followed. Accountable for all sales and operating transactions in compliance with procedures.
- Accountable for hiring, coaching, performance appraisals, training, and development of both Team Members and exempt Direct Reports at the venue. Verify all required forms and paperwork involved in these areas is properly completed. Also participate in Global Action Committees to further enhance Team Member development and the Team Member experience.
- At times, act as the opening or closing manager on duty. Plan for and ensures that all Team Members, facilities, and materials are in complete readiness for daily operation. Remain in strict accordance with the Department of Health and Beverage Laws. Ensure adequate stock of supplies and also consistently maintain venue inventory. Assist the ARM’s and RM’s in managing the food, beverage, and non-labor costs. Step in when necessary to verify these costs are properly tracked and in accordance with the business plan.
- In partnership with the GM, oversee large scale projects. This includes menu engineering, significant location repairs and structure changes, cash handling and policy changes, and special event execution (HHN, Mardi Gras, Rock the Universe, etc.)…
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: This individual will be responsible and in charge of the operation of a large or high volume venue or a small group of smaller venues at Universal Orlando. They will be scheduled to open or close one ore multiple venues throughout the week. They will be responsible for the safety of each guest that enters the venue as well by following strict Food Safety policies and procedures. They will also be responsible for the development and performance of ARM’s and RM’s at the venue.
EDUCATION: High School degree or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or Food & Beverage industry preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5-7 years supervisory experience in the Food & Beverage industry required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Certified Professional Food Managers certification, Responsible Vendor certification
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE