JOB SUMMARY: Lead a team that formulates and applies analytical approaches in the development of revenue management models to drive that adoption pricing and promotional recommendations to our Global Business partners in Merchandise, Food & Beverage, Express, and potentially other businesses. Deliver findings with visual tools and presentations that inform and inspire internal stakeholders to make better business decisions. Support and guide Revenue Management Analysts and Data Scientists on the use of advanced model development methodologies to develop sound pricing recommendations.
- Lead a team of analysts and/or Data Scientists and individually participate in formulating and applying advance analytical approaches in the development of revenue management models for Merchandise, Food & Beverage, Express, and potentially other businesses. Support and guide Revenue Management Analysts and Data Scientists on the use of advanced model development techniques. Develop strategies that will drive optimal pricing decision making and lead to incremental operating cash flow.
- Prepare and deliver Global pricing strategies and recommendations to the product owners and their Senior Leaders to refine pricing decisions and implement pricing recommendations. Develop and maintain dashboards and reporting to further enhance visibility and transparency to the modeling and performance.
- Establish key performance tracking metrics and monitor ongoing performance; validate and optimize revenue management system assumptions and setting on an ongoing basis. Test new products, adjust price and calculate demand sensitivity to make recommendations and implement changes to optimize profitability.
- Troubleshoot forecast and optimization anomalies with revenue management team through the use of statistical and mathematical optimization models. Develop testing to explain and or reduce these anomalies.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Develop Revenue Management models and solutions for Express/FOL, Food, Merchandise and other ancillary products across all domestic parks sales channels.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s and Master’s degree is required. Ph.D. is preferred. MS and Ph.D. degrees in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- The ability to work through complex problems
- Capable of communicating and expressing ideas clearly and concisely, in both written and oral formats.
- Strong interpersonal, technical and presentation skills required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE