The Manager of Web-Digital Analytics will be responsible for building out Universal’s digital analytics capability. This role will develop measurement objectives to support business goals and evaluate current tools/technologies, as well as identify/acquire new tools, technologies, reporting platforms, and resources as needed. Must have an intense curiosity and passion for understanding the consumer/customer mindset and keeping up with digital industry developments in websites, mobile, eCommerce, etc. and be able to apply those insights to continually improve conversion rates by enhancing the customer experience in all of our digital channels.
Lead and motivate a talented team of digital analytics professionals providing vision, direction and guidance. Develop compelling and insightful recommendations while maintaining positive open lines of communication with senior leadership and other key contacts across our brand in order to inform, build partnerships, and further evangelize the importance of the digital space. Develop analytics tracking strategy and implementation documentation. Oversee testing and validation. Ensure the integrity and accuracy of all online and web analytics data via the continual monitoring and assessment of site and program tags.
Lead and manage analyses on digital performance in support of continuous site optimization strategies and projects across all digital screens (mobile and desktop) leveraging multiple data sources. Oversee A/B and multivariate testing to improve the customer experience online and increase revenue generated per user to the website. Implement and analyze these tests using the Adobe Target platform. Leverage advanced modeling techniques to develop KPI performance benchmarks. Partner with cross functional teams to identify, prioritize and plan various analyses to identify long term strategic analytics topics such as segments and behavior of digital customers, their propensity to use various digital devices, customer outcomes, cross-channel attribution, etc. using a combination of descriptive, prescriptive, and predictive techniques.
- Lead and motivate a talented team of digital analytics professionals providing vision, direction and guidance. Guidance include recommendations on how to most efficiently analyze website data on traffic sources and patterns, order volume, conversion funnel, navigation behavior, and product selection. Lead the development of stakeholder-specific analysis including campaign analysis, customer segmentation and profiling. Identify successes, trends, and potential problem areas.
- Strategically develop and manage standardized digital measurement and advanced reporting strategy to deliver ad hoc analyses, dashboards, and standardized reporting that can be interpreted by all levels, indicating effectiveness and optimization opportunities of digital efforts. Collaborate with reporting and analytics leaders on best practices, aligning on metrics, dimensions and identifying consistent KPI’s.
- Provide operational administration of our web analytics platform based on Adobe Experience Cloud/Google 360 best practices. Serve as primary technical liaison with Adobe/Google and lead end-user training. Maintain page tagging standards and build business processes to streamline tag deployment across web properties. Ensure relevant traffic and key performance metrics are captured in order to provide actionable insights. Document all data standards and processes as appropriate.
- Oversee development and implementation processes to regularly test and improve online creative content (including web pages, micro-sites, advertising copy, etc.) and products (including ticket packages, vacation packages, special offers, etc.) using A/B and multivariate testing. Drive internal search strategy, pushing visitors to optimal content, whether that is engagement focused or high purchase-predicting.
- Oversee analytics business requirements from business groups, design solutions for new features such as KPI forecasting, and provide support to technology team on implementation questions. Actively interact with internal clients to assess needs, relay insights, and make recommendations based on those insights. Educate team members.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to evaluate quantitative data sets and determine “big picture” implications required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex analytical and technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, required.
- Strong presence to present persuasive recommendations to leadership as well as key external stakeholders, including ability to communicate complex ideas and recommendations to leadership that highlights a clear decision framework based on analysis and experience.
- Strong analytical skillset developing actionable recommendations using analytical and statistical modeling techniques
- Proficient with data visualization tools (Tableau) including developing dashboards
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies, applications and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with internal departments towards issue resolution/project release.
- Excellent analytical skills required including advanced statistical and data mining techniques
- Previous experience of marketing, media and customer segmentation strategy required.
- Ability to handle multiple projects required.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment required;
- Ability to adapt graciously to changing business conditions and priorities, required
- Experience with marketing attribution methodology and/or technology a plus
- Experience using and writing own code in SQL a plus
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree is required – Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or related field; Master’s degree is preferred – Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or related field; Other: Combination of non-related field degree(s) with substantial work experience
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. This position provides support spanning the entire Marketing & Sales organization. It involves a significant amount of cross-department collaboration to identify business goals and translate to tracking methodology and analysis of results. The individual leads the analysis that drives the optimization of our single largest sales channel and marketing platforms for Universal Orlando Resort
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE