The Sr. Digital Analyst must possess a passion for analytics and digital technology and want to stay current with industry trends. Responsible for gathering, structuring, and analyzing data to derive compelling insights that drive the optimization of our online marketing initiatives. This includes the design and management of web analytics tracking systems to ascertain behavioral responses to marketing initiatives and the effect on online conversion (including sales and data collection). This also includes utilizing insights and modeling techniques to effectively optimize online content and strategically target guests on our direct and indirect channels. Provide insightful recommendations, and communicate these effectively with the various stakeholders and among cross-functional teams.
Create, manage and distribute critical marketing reports and ad-hoc requests. Develop, maintain and troubleshoot integrated systems for collecting, managing and reporting on web analytics and online sales metrics using relational databases and reporting technologies including our online analytic tools and traditional reporting/analysis platforms (Tools include: Adobe Experience/Digital Marketing Suite (formerly Omniture), SQL, Tableau, Excel). Leverage advanced modeling techniques to develop KPI performance benchmarks. Develop A/B and multivariate testing strategies to improve the customer experience online and increase revenue generated per user to the website. Implement and analyze these tests using the Adobe Target platform.
Responsible for transforming raw data into actionable insights that ensure cross-departmental marketing efforts that are effectively driving incremental online sales and attendance. Will prepare and/or present business presentations to multiple audiences at all levels of the organization on key business metrics and trending.
- Analyze website data on traffic sources and patterns, order volume, conversion funnel, navigation behavior, and product selection. Work on stakeholder-specific analysis including campaign analysis, customer segmentation and profiling. Identify successes, trends, and potential problem areas. Provide insight on data trends and anomalies, making recommendations where appropriate to improve business performance.
- Work with implementation specialists to strategically develop and implement web analytics code to enable tracking of online properties. Ensure relevant traffic and key performance metrics are captured in order to provide actionable insights. Directly implement code when possible and manage web production/IT implementation on more sophisticated tracking. Document all data standards and processes as appropriate.
- Lead in creating, managing and distributing data and insights via regular and ad-hoc reporting including statistical calculations, graphical representation and written analysis utilizing online analytic tools (Adobe Experience Cloud Suite: Workspace, SiteCatalyst, Data Warehouse and ReportBuilder) and traditional reporting/analysis platforms (Microstrategy, SQL, Tableau, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Develop and implement processes and procedures to regularly test and improve online creative content (including web pages, micro-sites, advertising copy, etc.) and products (including ticket packages, vacation packages, special offers, etc.) using A/B and multivariate testing. Drive internal search strategy, pushing visitors to optimal content, whether that is engagement focused or high purchase-predicting.
- Gather analytics business requirements from business groups, design solutions for new features such as KPI forecasting, and provide support to technology team on implementation questions. Actively interact with internal clients to assess needs, relay insights, and make recommendations based on those insights. Educate team members on how to access and interpret data for self service requests.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a deadline oriented environment
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and resolving problems
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies, applications and processes
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with internal departments towards issue resolution/project release
- Ability to evaluate quantitative data sets and determine “big picture” implications required.
- Excellent analytical skills required including advanced statistical and data mining techniques.
- Strong analytical skillset developing actionable recommendations using analytical and statistical modeling techniques
- Proficient using and writing own code in SQL
- Proficient with data visualization tools (Tableau) including developing dashboards
- Strong presence to present persuasive recommendations to leadership as well as key external stakeholders, including ability to communicate complex ideas and recommendations to leadership that highlights a clear decision framework based on analysis and experience.
- Previous experience with marketing, media and customer segmentation strategy required.
- Ability to handle multiple projects required.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment required;
- Proficiency communicating research results in written, visual and verbal form required.
- Strong organizational and analytical/problem solving skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- R, SQL, C++ skills preferred
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree is required – Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or related field. Master’s degree is preferred -Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or related field. Combination of non-related field degree(s) with substantial work experience.
Carries out non-supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
This position provides support spanning the entire Marketing & Sales organization. It involves a significant amount of cross-department collaboration to identify business goals and translate to tracking methodology and analysis of results. This position leads the web analysis which drives the strategy, targeting and optimization of our single largest sales channel and marketing platforms in UniversalOrlando.com and HalloweenHorrorNights.com.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE