Leads daily brand management function for the assigned theme park sub brand within Universal Orlando Resorts and all of its offerings. Responsible for developing a compelling, sustainable, brand position that serves as part of the core foundation for the overall UO destination strategy. Clearly establishes the assigned theme park as its own immersive experience within the UO destination portfolio. Collaboratively develops marketing plans designed to appeal to targeted audiences, engage them, induce trial and compel repeat visitation as loyal guests. Ultimately responsible for driving brand awareness and appeal for the assigned theme park.
Under the oversight of the Sr. Director, CBM (Product Strategy); leads the development of all assigned theme park attraction launches, marquee events, and broadcast product marketing initiative input that support the broader short and long-term marketing strategy for UO. May also be assigned to multiple theme parks and lead resort-wide theme park initiatives.
Develops new product/services ideas and enhancements to exceed consumer expectations and differentiate the UO brand as well as the assigned theme park sub-brand. Leverages research data and conducts insightful analysis to influence UO leadership to new levels of growth and/or profitability.
- Destination Support: Responsible for maximizing attendance, APV, and repeat visitation to assigned theme park through fact-based analytics. Meet/exceed performance goals for assigned theme park initiatives. Continuously improve performance of existing initiatives. Identify new concepts to drive sales and/or profitability growth. Develop and maintain consistent brand charter strategy for the assigned theme park. Establish the assigned theme park as a can’t miss UO destination experience. Position the assigned theme park as a significant competitive advantage in the marketplace. Ensure all UO communications are consistent with the assigned theme park sub-brand. Provide POV on new attractions, events, and broadcast opportunities for marketability, guest appeal, and park brand fit. Provides annual planning input as the assigned theme park subject matter expert. May also be responsible for resort-wide communications strategy, product messaging hierarchy and 3 park messaging.
- Implementation Leadership: Collaborate by seeking and leveraging partner input in the development of strategic direction for assigned theme park initiatives. Ensure alignment with CBM Origin “Go To Market” strategies and Business Teams, Strategy Insights, Licensed Partners, Resource Management, Product Development and Pricing. Marketing point of contact for key partners: Operations, Revenue Operations, Entertainment, Universal Creative and Human Resources. Lead cross-channel implementation of assigned theme park initiatives that add brand equity and profitability such as attraction launches, Marquee Events and cross property celebrations. Oversees key assigned theme park initiative performance. Proactively publish performance “Points of View” and proactive course correction recommendations as necessary. Expected to proactively and continuously drive efficiency and productivity improvements in the product marketing work flow process.
- Supervisory Leadership: Responsible for coaching, training and developing all direct reports. Responsible for oversight/guidance to direct report managed initiatives: Marquee Events, Broadcast Opportunities and Initiative Performance Tracking and Reporting.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Develops marketing plans and strategies based on information and analysis resulting from the strategic planning process of Marketing & Sales for UOR. Reports to the Sr. Director CBM (Product Strategy).
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree Marketing or Communications required; MBA preferred.
- 7-10+ years of progressive brand management and/or marketing experience
- Management/Supervisory experience with proven team/consensus building skills
- Record of exceeding targets/objectives.
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting and budgeting/financial skills.
- Strong critical decision-making and communication skills.
- Demonstrated translation of data into implication and implication into strategy.
- Strong understanding of consumer and brand research.
- Cross-functional leadership expertise in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Self-starter with ability to maintain poise when dealing with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively improve processes and procedures.
- Experience presenting to and working with executives.
- Expertise in developing cohesive, engaging, concise, fact-based presentations.
- Travel & Resort Industry, Entertainment &/or Theme Park experience.
- Customer Insight, Retention & Loyalty, Integrated Marketing Communications.
- Marketing analytics development and reporting.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE