JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for day to day core elements of environmental operations related to water quality, and/or waste management to include inspections, chemical management, maintenance, inventory and emergency response
- Inspection and operations – evaluates water, chemical and/or waste for compliance by Conducting sampling, performing inspection of equipment, tanks and processes, and evaluates data related to water and/or waste parameters. Manage and coordinate diverse technical support activities conducted through contractors. Provide evaluative field support for the company’s EHS requirements under regulatory and/or corporate policy requirements.
- Equipment Maintenance –. Gain proficiency in operating instruments and equipment as assigned to include chemical feeders, pumps, motors, fork lifts, grapplers, direct read instruments, alarm systems spay equipment, vehicles, etc., maintain proper instrument calibration and operation, and establish and maintain working relationships with equipment vendors for water and waste management equipment.
- Emergency Response and incident prevention– inspect for release controls to include secondary containments, spill equipment, response supplies, erosion control, storm conveyance systems, emergency pumps overfill protections. Respond to environmental incidents and take immediate action to control and/or stop further release related to water, chemicals and/or waste. Activate UO incident response as necessary and in accordance with EHS policy and regulation.
- Administrative duties – maintain field-generated and office records, perform data entry, prepare log books, procedures, as-built drawings, safety training, work order utilization, etc.).
- Chemical/Waste Management – ensure proper labeling, handling, application, inspection, storage and disposal of water, aquatic pest control and regulated wastes. Ensures wastes are prepared for proper transport as required.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED (required). Associate’s degree (AS) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school. (Preferred). An AS degree in physical, biological, or chemical sciences from an accredited university or trade school (preferred). Advanced technical education and/or training in the appropriate area of concentration is desirable.
EXPERIENCE: A combination of Maintenance of mechanical, electrical systems, plumbing, regulated waste, emergency response, theme park water ride systems, storm water management. One to three (1-3) years of experience applicable to the area of concentration for the role being hired is strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid Florida Driver’s License/ required to operate company vehicles.
- Aquatic Facility Operator certification (preferred)
- Certified Pool Operator license (preferred)
- Operator licensing in water and wastewater operations (preferred)
- FL Stormwater, Erosion & Sedimentation Control – inspector certification (preferred)
- SCUBA certification (preferred)
- Aquatic Pesticide Applicator’s license (preferred)
- FL Class B Commercial Driver’s License with HAZMAT endorsement (preferred)
- RCRA training (or equivalent experience) if responsible handling hazardous materials
- Hazardous material transportation training (preferred)
- 24 hour HAZWOPER training
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Computer experience preferred. Operation of powered industrial vehicles (forklift, high reach, back hoe, etc.) is preferred.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE