JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for fabricating any metal products that are required in order to support the day to day operation of UO. Products vary from close tolerance ride related brackets to kitchen equipment. Manufactured parts are developed from drawings and or sketches and often by verbal descriptions which are transcribed into same. Work closely with other departments in and for support to obtain the finished product.
- Fabricate precision sheet metal parts from drawings, sketches, samples and or verbal communication. Produce flat layouts from same onto a variety of metal materials utilizing formulas to calculate the proper bend allowances for formed parts while maintaining precision tolerances of +/- .010 of an inch with regards to fabricating parts to meet requirements.
- Layout of holes and hole patterns meeting tolerances of +/ – .010 of an inch and self inspect using a variety of measuring equipment. Programming utilizing “G” Code and operating Numerically Controlled (NC) punching equipment, press brakes, shears, sanders, hand and power rollers along with miscellaneous hand tools. Ability to operate stand alone computers for writing and storing written programs while utilizing specific software for development of new designs and parts.
- Set up and operate a Numerically Controlled (NC) Bar or Turret punch press and selecting proper tooling required with the correct die clearance to achieve accurate tonnage for the material thickness being processed.
- Create drawings and sketches as needed to meet the requirements of customers that can be utilized in the fabrication process of parts and repairs. Design / modify parts when needed in order to achieve desired results for planned usage.
- Working with the Engineering Department to design / develop methods of fabrication, assembly and attachments for new parts that will be integrated into the rides and shows.
- Using advanced mathematics, trigonometry and geometry when needed to determine precision cut sizes of materials to produce close tolerance parts. Calculating angles using formulas to achieve desired end product results. Ability to read and understand standard drawings and interpret drawing symbols.
- Set up and operate a precision hydro-mechanical press brake using correct punches and dies to establish required bend radius. Set up and operate computerized back gauging system for developing bends of multiple sizes and angles.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
1. Must be able to perform flat layouts of fabricated assemblies from existing parts, drawings/sketches and or verbal descriptions.
2. Develop bend allowances of different materials.
3. Ability to determine punch and die clearances.
4. Have complete operating and maintenance knowledge of all precision sheet metal manufacturing equipment used in the development of fabricated components.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required with a technical school course/certification preferred. Additional certificate of completion for numerically controlled (NC) programming is essential.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 Years: Knowledge of sheet metal layout as well as advanced math. Must have thorough understanding of different types of metal and materials. Capable of developing fabricated parts from sketches, drawings and verbal communication. High degree of knowledge with manufacturing equipment and processes, power brakes, shears, rollers, Numerically Controlled (NC) Bar or Turret punch press; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Programming School Certificate utilizing “G” Code is essential.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Florida Drivers License/ required to operate company vehicles. Trade School Diploma or equivalent required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE