The Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for processing the leave of absences for union and non-union employees, determining FMLA eligibility and sending out applicable correspondences regarding the status of employee’s leave of absence requests. This position also serves as a liaison between the employees, Health Services, Workers Compensation and Park Management to manage the coordination of employee work restrictions and accommodations.
- Manage and track LOA process manually and with outside administrator for both non-union and union population, collaborating between management, in addition to NBCU Benefits and Payroll as needed
- Sends necessary paperwork to employees, processes claims, and tracks time off due to all Leave of Absence including but not limited to: Personal leave, Workers Compensation, FMLA, Parental Leave, Professional Leave and Disability
- Act as point person for employees with inquires about Leave of Absences and engages in the interactive process with employee if necessary.
- Will partner with Park Management to determine if work restrictions can be accommodated with consideration and review of the employee’s job description
- Establishes FMLA claims; tracks and codes documentation in accordance with internal workflow processes
- Analyzes FMLA claims to determine eligibility and certification in compliance with state and federal regulations
- Assist HR team with annual HR process coordination for client groups (performance evaluations tracking, Lead Applications Tracking etc.)
- Educate and empower clients to become self-sufficient on Employee Self-Service and navigating through NBCU resources and SAP
- Proactively manage HR systems in order to ensure data integrity. Leverage SAP for reporting and streamlining of HR processes (LOA tracking). Partner with HRIS on resolving SAP issues.
- Process employee separations: Complete workflow form and paperwork, coordinate exit interview, final check and, collect and return Company property, etc.
- Maintain employee LOA files
- Provide back-up coverage and support for HR team and additional areas as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is required; Human Resources, Business, Communication or related field preferred
• Minimum 1 year of Human Resources experience or related field
• Knowledge of state and federal FMLA regulations, ADA, and Worker’s Compensation
• Knowledge of medical disability management
• Professional and personable with the ability to exercise sound judgment when dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
• Demonstrated ability to drive HR processes and to deliver high quality HR services
• Experience in both non-union and union/represented environments in retail or hospitality industry preferred
• Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
• Ability to prioritize effectively, think independently and problem solve to ensure all projects are completed in an effective and timely manner
• Ability to work with others and collaborate across the organization to achieve goals
• Self-starter, motivated and proactive
• Strong organization skills, detail oriented, and ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ideal candidate demonstrates accountability, thinks critically and demonstrates courage when presenting ideas
• SAP or HRIS experience preferred
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Can easily multi task and manage multiple projects
• Flexibility with their schedule with availability to work on weekends, holidays and nights as required
Experience Universal Studios Hollywood ™ – where every day is an opportunity to take action, a chance to have fun. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood entertainment experience with the world’s largest movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions. Here, your individuality helps movie-making magic meet real life thrills to inspire memories that last a lifetime. Therefore, we strive to attract the best talent across a range of positions from hourly guest service to professionals. You are encouraged to bring the passion, energy and creativity that will make a difference to the thousands of families and friends who explore our universe every day. Get ready for an epic adventure at a place where you can be Universally You – Universal Studios Hollywood ™, the Entertainment Capital of L.A℠.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.