The Chef, Strategic Culinary Operations is responsible for testing and implementation of all food and beverage items in USH and CityWalk by working with the internal teams, from innovation to launch. This position provides hands-on support within the culinary team related to product evaluation, recipe development, and strategic operational efficiencies on new or modified recipes. The Chef, Strategic Culinary Operations will act as a Project Leader with strong culinary and operations acumen, setting project deadlines and working with a cross-functional team to achieve successful rollouts of each promotional window.
- Manage the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple large-scale projects.
- Develops and communicates recipes that are operationally executable and meet USH standards for food quality.
- Supports L&OD and Executive Sous Chef, Park with field rollouts of new products and recipes, including procedures and special instructions.
- Ensures ease of production by communicating to Production Kitchen.
- Trains Operators on existing or new recipes or procedures. Conducts presentation on product/food preparation.
- Responsible for product evaluation, including whole-time and yield studies, as input to product costing and portion control. Develops training materials for Operators on how to correctly handle new products and recipes.
- Provides culinary support to photo shoots and consumer research.
- Develop best in class preparation procedures for all new menu items.
- Creates recipes for USH and CityWalk.
- Manage all activities for assigned projects for USH & CityWalk.
- Roll out of field tests for new products as well as implementation.
- Develop and manage initiative project plans by coordination with Training, Purchasing, Quality Assurance, IT, Marketing and R&D to ensure successful execution of new products.
- Support creation and implementation of training materials for new menu items.
- Assist R&D Chefs in the creation of menu items that are operationally friendly.
- Problem solving and solutions for any and all scenarios that may disrupt the flow of the operation.
- Ensure safety procedures and cleanliness standards at all times.
- Graduate of an accredited culinary school required.
- Proven knowledge of Word and Excel
- Minimum 5 years of culinary experience, which includes working in a high volume fast pace restaurant or similar high production environment.
- Proven ability to work within fast paced, guest oriented and highly collaborative environment.
- Complete understanding of cost controls and how to utilize a declining budget
- High integrity with regards to reporting and follow-up
- L.A. County Food Handlers Certification
- HACCP training
- 3 years management culinary experience
Experience Universal Studios Hollywood ™ – where every day is an opportunity to take action, a chance to have fun. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood entertainment experience with the world’s largest movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions. Here, your individuality helps movie-making magic meet real life thrills to inspire memories that last a lifetime. Therefore, we strive to attract the best talent across a range of positions from hourly guest service to professionals. You are encouraged to bring the passion, energy and creativity that will make a difference to the thousands of families and friends who explore our universe every day. Get ready for an epic adventure at a place where you can be Universally You – Universal Studios Hollywood ™, the Entertainment Capital of L.A℠.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.